Featured Post

Unsolved mystery of Amelia Earhart

Whilst the researchers and experts have done their tremendous job to determine the facts of what went wrong with the most celebrated female...

Friday, January 12, 2018

A Generous Scholar - Mr. Mitio

.. all forms of friendships are formed out of the unknown into reality ... 

He was my language & literature teacher in secondary school. 

In my work life we cross the pathways in Baimuru basins when he was doing internships with Oil Search PNG and I was working with Oilmin Downstream Processing Plant there.

As they say it's a small world, no exception for a diverse Nation like PNG, we came to work and live in Port Moresby where Mr. Mitio works with PNG Ports as the Stakeholder Relations Coordinator.

PNGTPA contributes news article and tourism adverts to the PNG Ports owned Ahoy Magazine which his team coordinates to publish and disseminates industry and related news and information to the public.

Back in our teacher/student days in the school, I would write any piece of writing and bring to his office for corrections and editing. I cannot recall all of those topics but one of the topics was "First Met" a narrative writing practice which has a setting of unknown people meeting and creating lasting relationships at schools.

Now I do send him articles to Ahoy Magazine for publication and it continues to be playing the past days of student and teacher. He has the values to groom students and a role model.

Today I was surprised with this special gift (complimentary of PNG Ports - signature). I told him the stories of my Kayaking adventure in Madang which I did not realized was on a New Year’s Eve and came back to the shore where the fireworks and celebrations setup to welcome 2018.

That gave us a good laugh as this will complement my first weekend of 2018.
At times we PNG people do not go on a holiday for self-revival and renewal from work environments, rather tie our holiday times into customary obligations and it continues with holidays and festive seasons. That was one of the reasons, I forgot it was on a New Year’s Eve I was Kayaking off Madang seas.

Thank you, my teacher, mentor and role. This reminds me of something special in every side of my life.


Pics: (L-R) myself, Douglas, Mr. Mitio


No comments:

Post a Comment